Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

Seasons greetings

Hello thank you for popping by and having a look at my blog today. I have to be honest, I have been really behind with making my Christmas cards this year. In fact, I am so far behind that I have not sent one card yet, which is pretty terrible!
I sometimes think that as a cardmaker we feel that we have to make every single card that we send which is sometimes not possible, and as much as I would love to do this the reality is slim, so I have finally got round to making a few cards tonight which I will give to close friends and family. Does anyone else feel a little pressure to make most of your cards?

A lot of my elements on my card was made using my cameo and digital pink ink designs , I just adore their pretty patterned papers.

To make this card I used:

White card blank
Digital pink ink background paper
Digital pink ink Christmas tag
Echo park tag
Designs by dani star
Christmas postmarks by Sarah Hurley
Cosmo cricket paper (for the Christmas tree)
Brown thread
Small peg
Red & white twine
Glossy accents

I first cut down my backing paper to fit my card front and I then hand stitched the edges with brown thread. After adhering this down onto my card front I cut out the black and white echo park tag and looped through the twine. I placed the tag at the top left of my card, and then added the Christmas tags and star.
The Christmas tree was then placed at the bottom left of my card and I added the greeting and Christmas postmark.

To add more dimension to my card I went over the star and greeting with glossy accents, and then added clear balls onto the Christmas tree.

I hope you like the end result, and if there is a question about the card or products used please ask.

I would like to enter this card to word art Wednesday challenge 59, this is my first entry to the challenge. The ladies over their seem so friendly and kind, also there is so many beautiful cards to look at and be inspired by, it's definitely worth visiting at:
Wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much for having a peek at my blog and cards today.

Vic x






4 comments:

  1. Your work is inspiring I love the layering. Thanks for vissiting my blog.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I am your first follower.It will build fast......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow thank you so much! You have made my day following me thats so sweet of you thank you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment it means the world to me and I always try and comment back :)